Spokes Bulletin 132 … Cycling for more people
30 October 2018
Our Winter 2018/19 Bulletin is out … showing how getting about by bike is becoming a realistic option for more and more people …
Click to go to Bulletin pdfs downloads page
- Edinburgh City Bike Hire – Just Eat bikes – is making bike transport available to residents who don’t have a bike, or whose bike is at home, and to visitors
- E-bikes are making serious bike transport available to a whole new range of people, particularly middle aged and over
- There is genuine hope (though far from certainty!) of a City Centre Transformation which will drastically reduce the dominance of motor traffic.
Spokes Bulletin 132 is on its way to Spokes members, to 1200 decision-makers across Scotland* and to another 10,000+ interested people through bike shops, libraries and so on throughout Edinburgh, Lothian and beyond.
*including all 129 Scottish MSPs, all 132 Edinburgh+Lothians councillors, transport consultants, health officials, etc, etc.
You can find pdfs of this and earlier Bulletins on our Spokes Bulletin page.
Articles & pictures in B132, in addition to the above, include [with links to related tweets – please retweet!] …
HOW YOU CAN HELP SPOKES
- Having more members helps us – and we hope to help you in return by keeping you in touch with what’s happening and what you can do about it! You’ll get a roughly-monthly email in addition to the thrice-yearly Bulletin.
- We have spares of the new Bulletin for bike leafleting at workplaces, shops etc – let us know if you could use a supply. Many Spokes members take a regular supply of each issue for their local workplace, shops or other useful destinations.
- Please retweet our tweet about the new Bulletin.