Climate change is already affecting people and nature, here in Scotland and around the world.
We have the chance now to play our part in tackling this global challenge. Taking action to cut greenhouse gas emissions in Scotland can also create new jobs, improve public health and reduce poverty, creating a better future for all of us.
The Scottish Government wants to know your views on a new Climate Change Act. Help make the Act as strong as it can be.
Ask the First Minister to use this opportunity to stand up to climate change, and create a better future for people and nature in Scotland and around the world:
- Set a target of zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 at the latest, and a reduction of 77% by 2030
- Ensure that future finance budgets are consistent with our climate targets
- Commit to actions that cut emissions and deliver and cleaner, healthier, more prosperous Scotland:
- greener farming: set a nitrogen budget for Scotland by 2020
- energy efficient homes: ensure that all homes have at least Energy Performance Rating C by 2025
- cleaner transport: phase out the sale of new fossil fuel cars by 2030.
SCCS and the Climate Coalition have created a resources hub to help you take action on the Climate Change Bill: https://www.theclimatecoalition.org/scotland-act